Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August?!

While Jeff and I were born and bred in upstate NY, we have definitely lost our thick skin! Yesterday's high was a whopping 69 degrees. It was a beautiful, blue sky with no clouds, lots of sunshine day. But it was cold! It was similar to a late October day in Virginia, and it made me think "Will I make it through the winter?".

And my poor kids! Yesterday, I sent them off to daycare in shorts and tees. When we arrived, all the other kids had on pants and jackets. So today, I had Brady & Ainsley in pants and jackets, and wouldn't you know all the other kids had on shorts and tees! Hmmm. Maybe there should be a "how to dress your kids" phone tree.

I must note that this weather isn't typical for this time of year, but I bet it was still warmer in VA. :)

No comments: